- Position. People follow you because they have to.
- Permission. People follow because they want to, they like you. Focus on connecting with people. "Leadership is the ability to get people to work for you when there not obligated." Connecting with people starts with caring for people. "You can love people without leading them, but you can not lead people without loving them." Connecting with people continues by communicating with people.
- Production. People follow for what you have done for the organization. Focus on leading people and the organization. Make something happen, produce and accomplish something. "Your accomplishments are much more vital to your success than seniority."
- People Development. People follow you for what you have done for them and your people become loyal to you. Focus on growing and training people. "Build a dream team through recruitment, training & coaching to achieve your organizations dreams, goals and objectives."
- Person-hood. People follow because of who you are and what you represent.
Most of us start at Level one. They key is been aware that this is the foundation are there are more levels to move through, this is not the end.
A lot of people have not been successful because they have never had a true leader.
Whats your plan to develop yourself? Whats your plan to develop your people? The way to grow people is to grow yourself. Place top priority on developing people.