2. The things that get measured are the things that get done
3. You cant manage time! You can only manage priorities and behaviors.
4. Stop putting personal preferences ahead of organizational effectiveness.
5. If your not fired with Enthusiasm, then you will be fired; with enthusiasm.
6. Good judgment comes from experience; Experience comes bad judgment.
7. Tell me and I'll forget, show me and I may remember, involve me and I'll understand.
8. No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine interest in the
successes of those under them.
9. The best leaders not only lead but also reflect on their leadership long enough to articulate what philosophies cause them to do so. They can pinpoint the rationale for their actions and decisions with ease.
10. Real time coaching: if you notice something going awry on your team members, try to figure out a way to question or coach someone right there on the spot. While this approach seems time consuming in the moment, it has long term payoffs that are hard to beat.
11. A manager is responsible for the application and performance of knowledge. Drucker quote.
12. Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things. Drucker quote
13. Checking the results of a decision against its expectations shows executives what their strengths are, where they need to improve, and where they lack knowledge or information. Druker Quote.
14. Effective leadership is not about making speeches or being liked; leadership is defined by results not attributes.
15. Efficiency is doing things right; effectiveness is doing the right things. Drucker quote.
16. Executives owe it to the organization and to their fellow workers not to tolerate non performing individuals in important jobs.
17. Management by objective works - if you know the objectives. Ninety percent of the time you don't.
18. Rank does not confer privilege or give power. It imposes responsibility. Drucker quote.
19. The aim of marketing is to know and understand the customer so well the product or service fits him and sells itself.
20. The best way to predict the future is to create it.
21. The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn't said.
22. The only thing we know about the future is that it will be different.
23. The purpose of a business is to create a customer.
24. Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes... but no plans.
25. Do more than is required. What is the distance between someone who achieves their goals consistently and those who spend their lives and careers merely following? The extra mile.
26. Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best.
27. In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins: cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later.
28. One of the tests of leadership is the ability to recognize a problem before it becomes an emergency.
29. Leaders are failing to build trust with those who need their direction and guidance, and as a result, they don't follow. A high level of trust is critical to leadership success, and yet so many leaders fail to build trust, despite all the training they have been given.
30. Leaders are responsible for creating an environment that will bring out the best in their people.
31. It's difficult for passion to co-exist with discouragement.
32. Lack of employee engagement is like a cancer, eating away at your organizations vital organs. It saps your organizations strength, directly affecting your organizations ability to achieve the levels of customer satisfaction, productivity and profitability you know you could achieve.
33. When employees feel connected to the purpose and vision of the organization, they have a clear connection between what they do and the success of their organization in fulfilling its purpose.