As a coach you have a range of possible actions:
- instructing, telling and solving problems;
- giving advice and guidance, and suggesting idea’s;
- giving feedback to people;
- asking questions to understand the context
- looking for options;
- listening, summarizing and reflecting.
The more you solve peoples problems, the more problems they will bring to you. Allow your staff to develop with guidance and support and encouragement from you.
Effective coaching takes time and can be extremely frustrating. The time invested in helping the other person discover the answer pays big dividends in the future.