Positive leadership is a frame of mind where leaders:
- Look to the future, not to the past;
- Focus on actions, not on analysis;
- See possibilities, not just problems;
- take control versus being controlled;
- create options versus accept the status quo.
The first steps to becoming a positive leader is to become a professional leader.
Professionalism in today's business starts with respect. Respecting your people and other managers. Its important to figure out what the accepted standard for professionalism is in your organization and what falls below the line. Below are some typical traps that fall below the line:
- Mobile phones use in meetings;
- being ate for meetings
- bad-mouthing customers or colleges.
- talking about business or customers in public spaces.
- failing to follow up on promises
- ignoring dress code.