2. Resistance to change - Failing to embrace new ideas.
3. Being a problem identifier vs. problem solver.
4. Winning over your boss but not your business peer group.
5. Always worrying about your next career move versus focusing on the present.
6. Running for office - its totally transparent to everyone but you!
7. Self-importance - exhibiting a humorless, rigid attitude.
8. Lacking the courage and conviction to push back on the system.
9. Forgetting to develop your own succession plan for when you get promoted.
10. Complacency - you've stopped growing.
Im sure we can all identify a few of these that may have hindered your own personal growth and potentially your organisations stability.
Keep this list close and review as part of your quarterly career development goals and ensure you are not self sabotaging your opportunities. Be aware of your own blind spots and look at completing a 360 degree assessment to help identify blind spots.
Greater insight into blind spots and the damage they can cause within a organisation.